Friday, May 4, 2012

Still Life Photography

These are my still life photos of some coloring pencils in a glass:

                                     

                               With this picture I was close to a window it gave it really good lighting. I was
                               kinda close to my subject.


                                         
                                    In this picture I tried using the rule of thirds and of centering
                                     the glass. It is still next to the window and It think its neat because
                                     you get a little bit of a shadow from the glass.

   
                                   With this picture I got really close. I am also next to the window here.
                                   I like how the some of the crayons are our of focus and some of them
                                   are really in focus.


                                    Here I moved away from the widow and I put a light underneath the glass.
                                    You can tell what side it is on because you can see the light. It made the
                                     crayons on that side give of a little of a shadow.

                               
                                    This one is my most harsh lighting I have. I had it on
                                     flash and it gave of a very distinct shadow.

So in these picture I used lighting a lot to give of different effects. My pictures are very simple so that avoids any merging. I used rule of thirds in one of my pictures by of centering it. Line is something I also used because of the lines that the crayons make. I think I also used balance well with how the crayons are placed in the glass. Framing is one thing I really didn't use for these pictures. I tried framing them and it took away the simplicity of the picture.

3 comments:

  1. I love these! They're fun and colorful. I also like that you didn't just use regular crayons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you succeed in trying simplicity, rule of thirds and avoiding mergers. I like the close ups. I would have loved to see you try some angles besides just an angle from the top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you succeed in trying simplicity, rule of thirds and avoiding mergers. I like the close ups. I would have loved to see you try some angles besides just an angle from the top.

    ReplyDelete