Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Creepy Shadows


This is a picture of my shadow. To be able to get the shadow the only light I had on was the light behind me in my room. I made sure no other lights were on. 



This is a picture of an apple that I tried to make look creepy. I had the light in my kitchen on but the shadow wasn't facing the right way so I got my cell phone and used the light on my phone that is what the glare is. I think the glare ended up adding a creepy aspect to the picture. 


This is a picture of the chandelier in my kitchen. This was the only light on in the house at the time. I took it under the light. This gave the whole picture a creepy shadow and lighting. 


So the main reason I took this picture because I thought my reflection would give off a creepy effect. But the light outside actually adds to it. I also think the open door reflecting in the corner is creepy too. 


To make sure the fan gave off the shadow I had to turn on the right lights. I turned on the kitchen light behind it. I couldn't turn on the light for the fine because it would have gotten rid of the shadow. 

2 comments:

  1. I love the different things you tried this week and the compositions of these creepy photos. I think my favorite is the apple image with the harsh lighting and the long shadow. The edits you used really bump up the creepy factor. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the one with the light! You captured it perfectly! It gives off a sort of frightening feeling. You took it at a pretty cool angle as well!

    ReplyDelete